The Brooklyn Home Company is looking for a talented and eager Interior Design Project Manager to join our team. The Brooklyn Home Company is a family-run cooperative of artists and builders committed to creating world-class and innovative living spaces in Brooklyn. We provide high-quality homes that deliver the best value for our buyers.
As Brooklyn locals we embrace individualism, artistic integrity, customer focus and environmental conservation as a business philosophy and integrate these qualities into each of our homes. We’re a business, a family and we’re contributing to the Brooklyn community.
TBHCo design team completes all millwork, sculpture and furniture themselves in their Brooklyn Studio. We often provide post purchase design consulting and built in custom work to our customers.
The following responsibilities include:
- Exhibit understanding of the firm’s design philosophy.
- Communicate and coordinate with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations.
- Create internal performance processes & timelines.
- Draft & monitor project timelines.
- Prioritize tasks for design team members to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Manage project budget & monitor team members’ time tracking.
- Prepare client-facing documents for presentation.
- Conduct client-facing and internal meetings.
- Review (and edit when necessary) construction documents & shop drawings drafted by contractors.
- Review project submittals & contracts.
- Attend site visits & troubleshoot construction issues when necessary.
- Assist design team with specifications of finishes, fixtures & furniture.
- Draft specification documents.
- Purchase & delivery coordination of furniture when necessary.
- Create 3-D renderings for client approval on conceptual designs
- Capability to develop multiple design themes and oversee all finish and material selections including fabrics, trims, furniture, lighting, fixtures, tile, plumbing fittings & fixtures, and accessories.
- Provide strong leadership, organization and relationship management skills while working with the project team.
- Coordinates furniture and material selections with outside consultants and vendors.
- Deep knowledge of the design process and resources, including custom furniture, construction, specifications, colors and materials, and trends.
Project Manager will guide, support and manage team member(s) duties to ensure accurate preparation of project construction documents and communication with and coordination of the preparation of documents with consultants, contractors and team members.
- Experience with residential projects, ideally at an architecture/interior design firm in NYC.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional working experience in interior design and/or architecture.
- Able to put together a basic interior design construction set.
- Provide excellent presentation skills including 2D and 3D rendering skills
- Proficiency in millwork detailing and specifications.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be a US green card holder or US citizen.
- Lives in the NYC metro area
Please submit a cover letter, resume and your portfolio and/or website to the listing or to firstname.lastname@example.org